Since the creation of FIRST people have had symptoms of being FIRST-a-Holics. If you are not sure if you are a FIRST-a-Holic read this list
below and if you fit into some the items you might just be a FIRST-a-Holic.
- Your dreams involve building robots.
- You refer to the days before alliances as "The good ol' days"
- You have enough FIRST t-shirts to wear for a month without repeating them or washing them.
- You have been on a Segway.
- You get excited when you see Mount Shasta water with the FIRST logo on it.
- Your buddy list is sorted by team number.
- Your screen name has your team number in it.
- You know what year the team numbers became permanent.
- After going to five regionals and the Championship Event in one season you don't know what to do with your weekends.
- You have been involved in the FIRST Robotics Competition in Middle School, High School, College, and the Real World.
- The number of buttons you have traded at a competition is larger than the highest score for the day.
- When walking around with a FIRST shirt on people come up and ask what team you are on.
- When at RadioShack you know more than the employees do about Vex.
- While at confirmation class your Pastor asks where you Bible is and you say 'In the FIRST cabinet' referring to the Competition Manual.
- By the third week of regionals you know which song is played for each award.
- Your play list contains only music that is played at competitions.
- The first competition that you went to you shaved your team number onto the back of your head.
- You choose which college to go to based on their FIRST team.
- If you can read and make any sense of the 1998 brackets. (From Andy Grady)
If you have a symptom not listed here email it to email@example.com to be diagnosed.